Sunday, September 28, 2008

What a Weekend!

This weekend was quite a weekend...

First I was privileged to be asked to work on the support team for a christian spiritual renewal program that was held at a summer camp in Tennessee. It was quite a weekend filled with getting closer to God and also nature.

Here is a picture of the lake...

As always, click on the pic to see the larger version.



I worked on the logistics side of the Emmaus Walk, which means I emptied trash cans, refilled toilet paper rolls and generally carried things from "here" to "there". It was a lot of fun and also hard work (especially loading all of the supplies after the walk was over!

On Saturday, I was let down by my Gators...



They looked sloppy, tired and generally terrible at times...after they lost 31-30, I was so bummed and Eric found me sitting here at my computer with my head down. I was trying my best to tell myself that "it's just a game" and "Gator football isn't what's important in life"...then Eric put his arm around me and said "It's ok Daddy, it's just a football team and even the very best football teams lose sometimes".

That was all I needed to hear...I know it's silly to get upset over a bunch of 18-21 year old kids playing a game, but it's tough when you are so mentally invested in team! Besides, I have been rooting for the Gators for alomst 20 years!

After the game, the boys and I went outside to "play tennis". Which is more like "see who can launch tennis balls the farthest over the fences!"

Here's a few pre-tennis pics...





No comments: