Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

Please click on the pics to see the larger versions...

This was my first Christmas as a single Dad and I was looking forward to our yearly visit from Santa. My oldest, Kevin, knows the truth and my youngest, Eric, still believes...so it's quite a balancing act.

On Christmas Eve, me and the boys went to the Christmas Eve service at our new church. This is something that I have always wanted to do, but never did for one reason or another. The boys were well behaved and it was nice to sit down and focus on the real Reason for the Season...

When we got home, the boys dressed for bed and brushed their teeth in record time.

Before bed, we made sure to put out milk, cookies and carrots for Santa and the reindeer...on a Gator plate, of course!



The boys were in bed by 8:15pm and about 9:30 I went into the kitchen to fix myself a drink and Kevin lifted his head and said, "Has Santa been here yet?" I wondered if he was so sleepy that he believed again or if he was just asking if the gifts were there yet. I told him "no" and he said he was having trouble getting to sleep. I prayed with him and asked God to calm him down so he could go into a deep sleep...



Finally, at about 11pm, I decided the coast was clear and Santa made his visit...even with no chimney!



When I put the boys to bed, I told them not to wake me before 6am, but definitely not before 5:45am...and that if they woke up earlier, they could play with whatever Santa had left, but not to open any presents. Well, as expected, they woke me up at 5:45am...Kevin told me he had got up at 2am to see what Santa had left. He also checked out what was in his stocking. Then, supposedly, he went back to bed...but I wonder.








They boys each bought me a gift from a service at their school. Kevin bought me the glass dolphin and Eric got me the sailing ship...





We were done opening presents just before 6:15am...yes, everything I have has a Gator logo on it!



Before lunch, I took the boys to a big empty parking lot to try out their toys. Kevin with his skateboard...



And Eric with his new remote controlled Air Hogs jet.



At 6:30pm, their mom came to come get them so that they could have their second Christmas of the day...I was sad to see them go, but also so glad to have had them this Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Booster MPS said...

Glad you had a good Christmas.