Monday, October 27, 2008

My visit to San Francisco

Click on the pics to see the larger version...



Today we flew into San Francisco to shoot video at a company that is working on oscillation mitigation for the Ares I...that will be tomorrow.

Today we were tourists and after landing, we drove out to the Golden Gate Bridge. My co-worker, Anthony, suggested that we walk across the bridge...



I thought that sounded like a cool idea...it was really neat to walk all the way across the bridge and then walk all the way back!





Downtown San Francisco...



Alcatraz!



A port-a-potty for the bridge workers was painted the same color as the Golden Gate Bridge!



I am smiling, even though I realize we still have to walk all the way across the bridge to get to our rental car...



After the long walk, we drove up the mountain to get some high definition video of the bridge...





After all of this walking (almost 4 miles...) and driving up mountains, we decided that it was time for some dinner. Where better to get fresh seafood than the world famous Fisherman's Wharf!



All in all, it was a great day. Anytime you fly across the country with no delays and all of your luggage and equipment arrives, I consider it a success. Throw in the Golden Gate Bridge and fresh fish and chips and it takes it to a "whole nother level!"

No comments: