Saturday, June 7, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Ark



I first saw "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in the summer of 1981...My Dad and I went together and because I was almost 11 years old, I really don't remember it being overly violent or scary.

Well, I decided it was time for my 2 boys to experience the original Indiana Jones movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. They are 9 and 7 and although I knew the face melting part would freak them out, I knew when it would be and would tell them to close their eyes...



On a side note, the Lego Indiana Jones PS3 game was released last week...I knew I wanted to buy it for the boys because they love the Lego Star Wars so much. I thought they would enjoy the Lego Indiana Jones game better if they actually saw the movies first.

Well, I knew I was in trouble when my 7 year old announced halfway through the movie that this movie was going to give him nightmares like the newest Indiana Jones movie did (which he saw last week...). Uh Oh...I didn't know that...

I played it off like, "don't worry, it's all fake. The fake blood is actually mint flavored..."

Well, My 7 year old woke up twice with nightmares and eventually both of them slept with me starting about 2:12 AM...



On a side note, I took them to see Iron Man today and they LOVED IT! My 7 year old said that it would not give him nightmares...

Let's hope not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate that you had to sit through the latest IJ movie. It was so bad. I wished that I had warned you to wait for the DVD. I've also wanted to show RLA to my kids, but it doesn't take much to scare Chloe.