Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eric's Birthday Weekend!

CLICK ON THE SMALL PICS TO SEE THE LARGER VERSIONS

ALSO, CLICK HERE TO SEE THE REST OF THE BIRTHDAY WEEKEND PICS...


This past weekend my youngest son celebrated his 8th birthday. I asked him how it felt to finally be 8 and he replied "pretty good". I guess that about sums it up, huh?

First of all, Eric opened up his presents and we ate some cake...all before lunch on Saturday





After an afternoon of playing at an indoor playground, Eric decided he wanted to eat dinner at Chuck E. Cheese's. I was cool with that and we headed out to eat greasy pizza and play grimy games. Well, when we arrived, the parking lot was absolutely PACKED!!! Not a single spot to be found. I called an audible and told the boys that we were going to eat somewhere else and come back tomorrow...they put up a bit of a fight, but when I told them that there were going to be at least 5 kids at every game, they relented.

So Eric decided he wanted to go eat at Waffle House...go figure. But it was the Eric Bilbrey Birthday Weekend, so we went to Waffle House...



Eric got a blueberry waffle, scrambled eggs, sausage and some toast. Kevin and I both had cheeseburgers. When our waitress heard that it was Eric's birthday she gave both boys a dollar. I was sure to remember that when I gave her a tip...



As if eating at Waffle house wasn't enough, after dinner we went to Coldstone Creamery for dessert...



The next say was Eric's actual birthday and after church we went to go see the movie "Hotel for Dogs". It was better than I expected, although I wasn't expecting much...

After the movie we went to a cool playground called Kids Kingdom, where the boys made some new friends and had a great time running around.







Last but not least, we finally made it Chuck E. Cheese's. It was practically deserted because the Super Bowl was on and I am sure all the fathers out there FORBADE their wives from having the kids birthday party that night...

They boys had a great time and they both said it was their favorite part of the weekend!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!! It looks like Eric had a great birthday weekend.