Monday, March 10, 2008

Movies for Guys!


What is a "guy movie"?

Well according to Mens Journal, a guy movie "is a movie only a guy can love. A crucial distinction. Pop one into the DVD player and your wife or girlfriend should run screaming from the room. We frown upon films that are too serious or sensitive." "They are unapologetically male, and often politically incorrect: Cathartic violence is practically a prerequisite -- gunfights, sword fights, firefights, fistfights -- whether cartoonish (The Matrix) or brutally realistic (Goodfellas)..."

I hear quotes from "guy movies" all the time. I will hear a quote from The Godfather or Scarface and although I recognize the movies title, I have never had a chance to actually see the movie. Being married, I always shied away from movies with unusually high body counts or language that would make a sailor blush. But now that I am on my own, I am catching up with my "guy movies". I watched Scarface for the first time the other day...and I have Reservoir Dogs and The Godfather parts 1,2 and 3 waiting in the wings. I figure I better go ahead and watch Apocalypse Now and Pulp Fiction while I have the chance!

Here is Maxim Magazines 100 Greatest Guy Movies Ever Made!

No comments: