Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quitting

Normally I am not a quitter. I enjoy the challenge of trying to accomplish something that seems hard to do.

However, today I am officially quitting a habit that I have had since before I have memories...today was the first day in decades that I have not bitten my fingernails.

Usually I did it out of nervousness, sometimes boredom and even absentmindedly...

I recently read somewhere that there are over 2 million microbes per square centimeter under our nails. Not to mention all that touching things our fingers do...

Wish me luck, because I still find myself bringing my fingers to my mouth, but now I realize it and stop it before I nibble on my nails.

I wonder what's it going to be like to actually be able to scratch an itch instead of just rub it?

No comments: