Friday, March 28, 2008

An Evening with the Angels (and Dodgers...)




This evening I decided to head over to Angel Stadium of Anaheim to watch a spring training game between the Anaheim Angels and the L.A. Dodgers. This is the the end of spring training and they were playing the game in the Angels home stadium. It also didn't hurt that the stadium is 4.3 miles from my hotel (according to my Garmin).

I got to the ticket window and told the lady I wanted the best $12 seat in the house and after typing on a computer for a few seconds she said "that will be $175". I paused for a moment and reiterated that I wanted the best $12 seat in the house. She apologized and thought I said I wanted THE best seat in the house...We both had a big laugh. But I was laughing because there probably was someone who WOULD pay $175 to see a spring training game!

It was an exciting game that ended in a 2-2 tie after playing 10 innings...apparently they don't really care who wins spring training games.





This is NOT a view from the Goodyear blimp...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My hotel was across the street from Edison Field when I was in CA. (The Town Place Suites) So, HA!

Your seat looked like the one I had. Still, I think it is a great place to see a game.