Friday, May 16, 2008

Huntsville's Relay for Life



On May 2nd I was privileged to participate in Huntsville's annual American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. It is a walk to remember those who lost their battle with cancer, to encourage those currently battling cancer and to celebrate with those who have beat cancer. The event started at 7PM and went until 7AM...I was able to stay until almost 2AM. We walked, chatted and sampled the wares from all the booths set up by different teams. Each booth was either selling some service or items to help raise even more money for cancer research.

With the help of many friends and family, I was able to raise $280 and my team raised well over $1000 for cancer research. It's never too late to donate, if you feel the need...

Click on the picture below to see all of the photos from the event!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the walk. You were there almost 7 hours! That's awesome. I enjoy your Blog very much! JMB, Sr.